Monday 30 September 2013

September Favourites

Hey Guys, 

I've never really done a monthly favourites post before just simply because I never seem to go through that many products, but this month I picked up a few new pieces that I have been loving.



Revlon Colourstay Foundation - Coming into the colder months I prefer my foundation to have a bit more coverage as my face tends to get a but red from the cold. Usually for foundations I tend to use either Rimmel or Maybelline but I heard a lot about Revlon's colourstay and thought I'd give it a go. This is perfect if you want your foundation to stay put all day. I've worn this for a day on the town to a night out with friends and was so surprised at how well it lasted. It is a bit on the pricey side at €17.80 in boots but only €15.50 in superdrug but is worth every penny. 

Real Techniques Stippling Brush - For my birthday I was extremely happy to get a few different Real Techniques brushes. For applying foundation I used to just use a flat brush but now I could never go back to one. Using just a small amount of foundation this brush can spread it so evenly over the face and give such a flawless look. I couldn't have asked for a better gift!

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - At first I couldn't understand what the big hype about this was. I mean it's just a powder right? Well yes obviously it's just a powder but it gets rid of any unwanted shine on the face and for my skin type it doesn't make foundation look 'cakey'. This one is in the shade translucent so it doesn't bring any extra unwanted colour to the face. 

Bourjois Liner Pinceau Liquid Eyeliner - So I did a review on this last week which you can read here so there isn't exactly that much to say. This makes such a precise line and makes it so easy to make any sort of flick. I really couldn't recommend it enough. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara - I'm pretty sure I have said this in another post but I am a huge mascara junkie. Not even joking, I have at least 10 more mascaras in my room. This certain on makes my eyes look so much more awake and lashes lengthen a great amount. For me it doesn't beat Maybelline Falsies but it is a close second. 

CK One Shock - So after my birthday I thought I would treat myself to a new perfume and since this one was on sale I just couldn't resist. It has such a lovely smell and I've used it pretty much everyday! 

So that's this months favourites, if you are using any of these let me know in the comments below. 


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love Revlon Colorstay, besides camouflage makeup it's my favourite foundation. Shame that it's quite pricey though. Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is now one of my favourites. Love it. :) x

      Delete